The Volvo pilot Ted Bjork has become the latest winner of the world championship WTCC, which is already in next year together with the International TCR series forms a new world Cup WTCR.
Details of the technical regulation of TCR
Official website of the WTCC gave some interesting facts about the 36-year-old racer Polestar Racing.
- Björk, who won the WTCC at the second attempt, became the first in the history of Sweden Motorsport world champion;
- during his career in the WTCC, he held 44 races, winning only three races (two of those three victories occurred in triumphant season-2017);
- in 2017, in addition to the two wins in Monza and Nordschleife, Ted has also submitted one pole position and three fastest laps;
- Ted became interested in technology in three years, when his father bought him a motorcycle. “I always went on it, but all too often crashed…”
- and when Bjork turned 11, his family bought the first card. “I was very happy, because I realized that if I continued to ride on two wheels, just kill…”
- of interest as background material to motorsports lit young Michael Schumacher, competing with famous Ayrton Senna: “When I was 14, I decided to become a professional racer, and here I am.”
- In the career of pilot Ted managed to take part in the Swedish F3, sportscar championship, under the auspices of the FIA, DTM and the Camaro Cup at home. He also passed the “24 hours of Le Mans” in 2002, finishing 15th behind the wheel of a factory-Courage C60;
Subscribe to our channel in the Telegram!
Source translated by Яндекс.Переводчик