What unites races in Barcelona and Monza 2012-2017? What is special about third place Sebastian Vettel, and how many laps was in the lead Mercedes on Autodromo Nazionale over the last four years? We offer you to look at a selection of interesting facts at the end of the Grand Prix of Italy from Auto Motor und Sport.
Up to Monza anyone this season, managed to win twice in a row. In the 13th race of the season Lewis Hamilton broke this startling statistic, winning the second stage after the Spa.
Lewis Hamilton came in first place in the history of Formula 1, having won the 69th pole position of his career and leading over Michael Schumacher.
– Lance Stroll took max Verstappen to the title of the youngest pilot, which started from the first row. 18-year-old canadian has achieved this result at 23 days earlier than Max Verstappen at Spa 2016.
– The last time a canadian rider started from the first row 19 years ago. It was Jacques Villeneuve in Monza-1998, when lance wasn’t even born.
– Williams became the first team after Mercedes and Ferrari in the season-2017, which started from the first row.
– Esteban-UPS achieved his best starting position in his career, sitting in third place. The last time two riders without a win started the Grand Prix from the top 3 in Barcelona-2012 – Pastor Maldonado and Romain Grosjean.
– Lewis Hamilton first season in 2017 headed the overall standings. But under the old points system (10-8-6-5-4-3-2-1) in front still would have left Vettel with a lead of one point.
Over four years have passed since the transition to hybrid turbo engines, the Mercedes team recorded in the asset all the circles of leading at Monza.
– Valtteri Bottas for the ninth time rose to the podium as a rider. Same time Finn was in the top 3 over the previous four years at Williams.
– Mercedes became the first team to win the Italian Grand Prix in Monza four times in a row. This year such records Silver arrow is already established in Shanghai (4 wins in a row), Sochi (4 wins), Spielberg (4 wins) and Silverstone (5 wins).
– For the fourth time in a row Lewis Hamilton finished in the position where you started (the first at Silverstone, Spa and Monza, the fourth in Hungaroring).
– Lewis Hamilton and Sebastian Vettel finished in the points for the 18th time in a row. Personal record of Britain’s 19 races, German – 21. The absolute record belongs to Kimi Raikkonen – 27 consecutive races in the points.
For the first time in the season 2017 Sebastian Vettel took third place. Interestingly, Lewis Hamilton is also not once this year did not stand on the third step of the podium.
– For seven years, Ferrari remains without a victory in Monza. Thus, repeated the longest winning streak for the Italian team on the home track, which was from 1989 to 1996.
For the first time in the season 2017 Carlos Sainz made it to the finish and earned points.
– Nico Hulkenberg equaled the record adriana – 128 races without a podium.
– 18 riders started not with those positions, which were qualified. This confusion on the starting grid this season were not.
Want to get the most current news website on your mobile device? Subscribe to our channel in the Telegram!