Before the start of the racing weekend of the Grand Prix of Australia just a few days. On Friday at albert Park will be the first workout. We offer to your attention interesting statistics coming phase.
– The first ever Australian Grand Prix was held in 1985 in Adelaide, which hosted the season finale for the next 11 years.
Melbourne took over the baton from Adelaide in 1996, and in 2017 will take the Grand Prix of Australia in the 22 th time.
– For the 20th time the race in albert Park will start the season. Over the last 22 years, the exception was only in 2006 and 2010 when the race was officially opened in Bahrain.
In 13 of the 21 cases, the winner of the Grand Prix of Australia became the champion at the end of the season.
For the whole story to start in Formula 1 came out 14 Australian riders. However, only eight of them participated in more than one Grand Prix. Two of them became world Champions: Jack Brabham and Alan Jones. Also two Australians – mark Webber and Daniel ricciardo – was standing on the top step of the podium. However, none of them failed to win the home race.
– Officially, none of the Aussie was not on the podium in home race. Daniel ricciardo finished second in 2014, but was subsequently disqualified.
– At the start of the forthcoming Grand Prix of Australia will not be two pilots, won two of five races at albert Park. Jenson button three times (2009, 2010 and 2012) was the first in Melbourne. Nico Rosberg last year took his second victory after 2014.
From existing riders in the Grand Prix of Australia was won by Lewis Hamilton (2008 and 2015), Kimi Raikkonen (2007 and 2013), Sebastian Vettel (2011) and Fernando Alonso (2006).
In three previous Australian Grand Prix was dominated by Mercedes, who won both the qualification and the race.
– In the coming weekend Lewis Hamilton can equal Ayrton Senna’s number of pole positions on the Grand Prix of Australia – six. However, the Brazilian all your pole position won in Adelaide.
The last time Ferrari won at albert Park exactly ten years ago, when pole position was won by Kimi Raikkonen, who conducted the debut race for the Scuderia. Whether the Italian team to break this bespolezno series in 2017?
– Three held Australian Grand Prix Daniil Kvyat once went to the start – the debut race in 2014, when he finished ninth. In 2015 and 2016, the Russian machine, who played for Red Bull Racing, broke down on the way to the starting grid. Hopefully, driving for Toro Rosso this year he’ll have better luck.
Lap length: 5,303 km
Race distance: 307,574 km
Official lap record: 1.24,125 (Michael Schumacher, 2004)
Best lap time (taking into account any session of the weekend): 1.23,529 (Sebastian Vettel, 2011, the third segment of qualification)
Racer of the day in 2016: Romain Grosjean
Want to get the most current news website on your mobile device? Subscribe to our channel in the Telegram!