Four-time world champion WRC Sebastien Ogier signed a contract with M-Sport World Rally Team for next season, as his team Volkswagen decided to close its WRC program.
Ogier has tested the Ford Fiesta RS WRC at the end of November, after 25 miles on the roads of Wales. Racer hopes to begin tests in Sweden this week.
“This season will happen a lot, so I want to start,’ said Ogier. – We’ll be on the cars of the next generation and I, for one, will be in the new team.
Before the start of the Rally Monte Carlo is not much, and we still ain’t spent much time behind the...
Four-time world champion Sebastien Ogier has admitted that his childhood idol was not someone from the legendary racers like Walter Röhrl, Juha Kankkunen or Bjorn Waldegard and “the Great Brazilian Magician” Ayrton Senna.
“My idol has always been the Ayrton Senna, said Ogier in an interview with Bild am Sonntag. – In childhood I was more interested in Formula 1 and to follow the rally started already as a teenager”.
The Frenchman admits that to follow in the footsteps of his idol could not and was forced to find his own way.
“Our family could never afford it....
Team M-Sport car introduced Ford Fiesta WRC prepared for the season-2017 under the new technical regulations.
Over the past several months, the new car passed the tests about 6 thousand kilometers. Including the car tested a four-time world champion Sebastien Ogier, left without a seat after the departure of Volkswagen from the WRC.
Next week test program M-Sport will continue.
“I personally drove this car and can safely say that this is one of our most impressive developments, – quotes words of the head of M-Sport Malcolm Wilson AUTOSPORT. – This car fun...
A former Volkswagen driver Jari-Matti Latvala in the season of 2017 will play for Toyota, which returned to the world rally championship.
According to sources AUTOSPORT.com Finn accepted the terms of the Toyota Gazoo Racing and next Tuesday will start the tests.
Thus, Latvala will join compatriot Juho Hanninen. The third driver of the Toyota, is expected to become another Finn Esapekka Lappi. Sam Jari-Matti so far refused to confirm the signing of the contract.
“I can’t confirm that he had signed a contract – said Latvala in an interview with AUTOSPORT. – Me and my Manager...
The reigning winner of the world rally championship Sebastien Ogier chooses between two options for a career in the championship.
As expected, the Frenchman can spend next season driving a Ford Fiesta RS of M-Sport. Other obvious choices there, but, according to rumors, the return of the Ogier in a Citroen or even a speech, driving a private car, a Volkswagen Polo R.
“Now the situation more or less clear – said Ogier in an interview with AUTOSPORT. I want to race, but I can’t say with certainty what will be released at the start of the Rally Monte Carlo. Yes, in this you can be...
Team Hyundai Motorsport officially unveiled its i20 WRC Coupe, which in terms of the new regulations in 2017 will compete pilots Thierry Neuville, Dani Sordo and Hayden Paddon.
The performance of the car took place at the Monza circuit.
Hyundai has been testing its prototype from April: during this time he travelled 6000 km in preparation for the first start of the season-2017 in Monte Carlo in January.
Recall that in 2017 the capacity of the cars will increase from 300 to 360 horsepower, and reduced overall weight of the machine, usovershenstvuetsya her aerodynamics, and the return of the...
Today at the world Council of FIA Motorsport approved a new starting order of riders, as well as the calendar of the season-2017 WRC.
According to the regulations of 2016, the overall leader was the first to begin Friday and Saturday each subsequent round of the WRC.
World champion Sebastien Ogier throughout the years opposed to this rule because it had a negative impact on the results.
The FIA has recognized the need to change the starting order in the WRC
During the Vienna meeting it was confirmed that now the overall leader will be the first to pass the route of a particular rally only on...
FIA rally Director Jarmo Mahonen acknowledged that his initiative concerning the new rules about the order of starting in the 2016 WRC, was unsuccessful.
This year, the overall leader was the first to begin Friday and Saturday of each successive stage of WRC.
Despite the fact that this rule has contributed to the diversity of results in 2016 there were six different winners of the rally – it also created a huge outcry.
The main opponent of a new launch order of the pilots was Sebastien Ogier, who even threatened to leave the championship if senior officials do not take measures.
It became known that the Rally Safari may return to the calendar of the world rally Championship.
If the government financial support phase, in 2019 it can appear in the calendar for the first time since 2002.
Kenya’s President Uhuru Kenyatta even during his election campaign in 2012, promised to return the Safari Rally in the WRC calendar.
Kenyatta appealed to the President of the FIA Jean Todt about a possible return to Rally Safari, to which he was given a positive response. Todt never hid that would like to see African stages in the WRC calendar.
The driving force of the project is...
Four-time world champion Sebastien Ogier, who was left without a place to season 2017 after the departure of Volkswagen from WRC, driving the third rally car for the last five days.
Last Sunday, the Frenchman completed his final stage in a Volkswagen Polo R WRC. On Wednesday, he tested the Toyota Yaris WRC, and today got behind the wheel of the car M-Sport 2017.
Tests were conducted in Wales. About 9 am, Ogier and his co-driver Julien Ingrassia arrived at the track with team principal Malcolm Wilson. The race ended just after lunch.
No official comment from Ogier and M-Sport has not...